This seminar was part of IBM’s Global Entrepreneurs Program:
- Caroline Egan from McDonald Butler Associates explained in ‘marketing language’ what compelling value propositions look, sound and feel like:
- know your customer – their pain points
- know your customer – their reflection points
- know your customer – your influence points that they may appreciate!..
What became clear to me, was partly due to the presenters and participants who made the day so fascinating. For IBM’s Smarter Cities program, we can build
- a Smart CLIMATE Portal with Mark Chadwick and his team from Carbon Clear as experts – before the wisdom of the crowd can contribute: visualising CO2 emissions as a ‘social comparison’ between companies is a first crude step – for a kick in the corporate backside to start thinking about reductions;
- a Smart WATER Portal with Laurie Reynolds of Aquamatix to put his expertise of water consumption into new ’3d metric’ perspectives;
- a Smart ENERGY Portal would become reality with Cliff Walton of PPAEnergy who was only in my mind, but that’s where it all begins, doesn’t it.
So what is the added value that my 3d metric visualisation of layering complex data can bring?
- at a glance:
- spotting priorities based on significance and relevance of data
- short-, medium- and long-term:
- using trends and tendencies of the past to ensure improved data conditions for the future
- in depth:
- studying new metrics to optimise and automate the feedback between data gathering, interpretation and acting upon the insights and understanding gained
- for automated control:
- spotting crises, anomalies and extremes, while ‘rolling’ within adjustable tolerances.
Let’s face it: combining the efficiency of a German mind, the expertise of data specialists and the power of computing can only lead to even more efficiencies – this time in our brains and minds – for Wow, Aha and Eureka effects!
- Inside IBM’s Social Content Strategy (digiday.com)
- IBM Launches OpenStack-Based SmartCloud Orchestrator (eweek.com)
- Social Business – Going from Qualitative to Quantitative (business2community.com)
- Which Infographic is right for you [Infographic] (econsultancy.com)
- IBM Enhances Big Data Platform With Hadoop And Analytics (techweekeurope.co.uk)
- Why IBM might ditch servers and become Intelligent Business Middleware (gigaom.com)
- IBM adds social dimension to its European datacentre facility (computerweekly.com)
- IBM SmartCloud for Social Business Expands to Europe (internetevolution.com)
- Social Media Tools That Support Google+: Solutions for Small Business (business2community.com)