Open London is
an open call to co-develop a 21st century Open Institution, starting with Open Institute London:
- to share data, tools, spaces, skills and resources
- to discuss ownership and governance
- and to explore principles of ‘Open’.
So far, an OI Advisory Group and an Open Faculty are in formation.
Olivia Tusinski from 00:/ aka zero zero spoke about the Open Institute at the Open Data Institute. Yesterday’s Friday lunch lecture was given by most remarkable Dan Mcquillan addressing the question: Will Open Data give citizens super powers? He ended his excellent presentation with suggesting that we need to build alternative concepts, truths, data and tools to complement what is out there – to be ‘more marvellous’!
Maybe I will be able to contribute with Open Investigation? For my 3 innovative software methods are new tools of investigation – in the spirit of Alexander von Humboldt and Humboldtian science: to account for the harmony of nature among the diversity of the physical world.
Einstein found that there was a gap between physics and mathematics. I found that metrology is the missing link. Hence I developed the concepts and specifications for prototype software and Smart Knowledge Portals.
May they open the doors to Open Investigations – by everybody curious – for they open our eyes to increase our intelligence!
- SMART Knowledge Portals as New Instruments of Investigation – for lifelong learning and education (3dmetrics.me.uk)
- EMPOWERING Women in Data with New Tools of Investigation and Evaluation (3d-metrics.me)
- FROM the Impossible to the Imaginable: ‘Data Profiling’ Big Business and Very Big Science Data (3d-metrics.me)
- Open Knowledge: much more than open data (okfn.org)