What a day to mark my birthday: remembering my CERN past all the time as speakers presented their work. Everybody on Facebook sent me their birthday wishes. Mine would be definitely be to see my software lenses in operation!
Nuclear data measurement and evaluation was in the air. Big time. But who will recognise that I’ve got the tools with which
- to gain deeper insights
- make better strategic decisions
- and work towards references and standards?
Whether nuclear astrophysics or combining safety and economics, my generic approaches can do it!
Well, the UK community is remarkably small. And even though it realised the national strategic importance at a very late stage, as the keynote speaker admitted, nuclear data and measurement gotta be tackled!
If I don’t succeed with any of the research councils and academic collaborations, I was given the promise that by Christmas I would get the funding during a lovely dinner. That way I could marry by social life with meaning with my professional life with zest. Nothing could be better!
Meanwhile, I apply my passion for ‘software-aided thinking’ and online publishing to promoting Empty Pushchair Horrors next Empowerment Monday.
- Nuclear star formation activity and black hole accretion in nearby Seyfert galaxies [CEA] (arxiver.wordpress.com)
- Nuclear astrophysics with radioactive ions at FAIR (arxiver.wordpress.com)
- Nobel physicist: Thorium trumps all fuels as energy source (smartplanet.com)