His Venn diagram says:
- Data Scientist = Machine Learning + Coding + Data Engineering
He advocates using the right tool! Here is a catalogue of data analytics tools…
Mark Wall from IBM talks about Cognitive Business:
- we can’t measure productivity;
- we can’t measure interactivity and transactions;
- a war on talent has been created.
Cognitive computing will transform our world:
- ‘Watson Virtual Agent’
- ‘Digital Insights’ is about the visualisation of transactions
- ‘Design Thinking’ = user outcomes + multidisciplinary teams + ‘restless reinvention’
‘Outthinking’ the competition means conceiving new opportunities:
- our minds don’t distinguish between the ‘real’ and the ‘virtual’
- we haven’t yet got the ‘lens of focus’
- using tools as ‘enablers’ and ‘advisors’.
All in all, a FABULOUS event with EXCELLENT talks and discussions – ending very upbeat with Nuria Oliver who talked about Big Data for Social Good and OPAL!!!
Next, I shall compare the functionality of my prototype with IBM Watson!