Supercharging the Digital Economy was the latest crème de la crème event organised by techUK. After celebrating the first anniversary of SmarterUK at the Digital Catapult, techUK proved their talent of picking the right venue for the right event!
In terms of innovation:
- to create a new form of ‘social intimacy’ on the 8th floor of the new Google venue in Kings Cross, lunch was provided while sitting on benches!
- wisembly was used to allow remote participants to provide input;
- thanks to this excellent service, I found the slide that impressed me most – in the superb closing keynote by Cormac Whelan, CEO for UK and Ireland of NOKIA:
The slide shows beautifully that Shift Happens and how it has been happening due to particular companies, i.e. technology seems to be determining the pace of change.
In terms of inspiration:
- the morning keynote by Shashi Verma, CTO of Transport for London, pointed to humanity’s critical issues:
- the population of London growing;
- Mobility As A Service growing;
- the need to make Real Time decisions, based on ‘big data’;
- the rising trend of populations living in cities;
- the closing keynote by Cormac Whelan, CEO of NOKIA, made me ask him: “What influence do you have over government?” which he answered most realistically.
For, in terms of ‘take away‘:
- Public / Private Partnerships must be developed, if #digital is to be #supercharging the economy on a long-term sustainable basis!
- Thanks to a Business Development Officer and a Civil Servant I met, I shall try to be part of that!