CONNECT the DOTS: between DATA and ANALYTICS – that was the theme of this year’s summit – the first for me, discovered thanks to the Corinium conference for Chief Data Analysts Europe
Peter Walker – VP and responsible for EMEA countries for Information Builders was the Master of Ceremonies.
Gerald Cohen – the President and Founder of Information Builders offered his wishes by video.
- Visual discovery and natural language evolve as search and presentation methods
- support users in their functional roles with relevant and accessible analytics
- embrace cloud computing to shorten analytic time-to-insight-and-value.
- Embrace social collaboration
- Data science continues to rise in importance with big data
- machine learning optimises actions, decisions and processes.
Internet of Things
- more devices generate big data
- streaming technologies enable continuous analytics.
Big Data and Information Management Market Trends
- data integration – data governance – data preparation
- data science – information management – internet of things.
- distributed sources driven by cloud, ioT and unstructured data
- data lakes and data virtualisation provide access to diverse data sources.
- new data types and sources have been adopted without requisite data governance in place.
- analytics and data science continue to rise in importance with big data.
- IoT and data science drive demands for larger volumes of structured and unstructured data
- Business Intelligence and Internet of Things becoming Priority in Organisations
- How do we drive optimisation?
Visual Discovery has Reached the Peak of Potential Value
- Avoid Business Chaos
- Business is not trained to interpret charts for taking action
- Time is wasted drilling around charts looking for something important
- Metrics not presented in a way to act and collaborate on them to improve.
Big Data Analytics Priorities Shifting in Organisations
- Use of big data can help support more sophisticated analytics
- Using big data can also help in the process of real or right time sales analytics
- Using big data can help advance the discovery processes for visual and data requirements.
Why do we use certain tools?
- We need to blend individual tools into an enterprise system.
- Beyond data related tasks are the presentation and use of metrics that needs to be simple and efficient.
Think about the ARCHITECTURE that brings tools and data together – which is what I’ve done with my prezi that I had in my folder to talk to Information Builders
- Building New Potential requires Technology Flexibility
The Personas for Analytics & BI
- Information Consumers
- Knowledge Workers
- Data Geeks
- IT and Business Intelligence Experts
Analytics Require Range of Discovery Approaches
The Spectrum of Methods to combine:
in a hopefully Blended Environment!
How Ventana assess Software:
- Information Builders rank FIRST
Our Analysis of Information Builders: EXCELLENCE
- Unified approach to analytics and business intelligence;
- Avoid the discovery tool dilemma that has complicated self-service and has created more confusion;
- get data visualisation that helps guide actions and make decisions;
- PRESENT METRICS in a helpful way.
Michael Corcoran – Chief Marketing Officer at Information Builders – gave also a very clear overview:
- Analytics should be about ‘know your customer’
- interactive digital relationship
- Predictive Analytics – Data Discovery – In-Document Analytics
- Sentiment and Word Analytics – Search – Performance Management – Natural Language / Narrative BI – Wite-Back High-Performance Data Store
- Dashboards – Location Analytics – Casting and Archiving
- Data Quality – Data Governance – Master Data Management
- Batch ETL – Real-Time ESB – Hadoop-Based
Kevin Quinn – VP at Information Builders and Designer of WebFOCUS:
- indexed content, data and metadata
Innovations in Data Management
- Master Data Edition
- iWay Big Data Integrator
- integrates, transforms and cleanses
- Omni-Health Data Insights
- healthcare industry’s most complete solution
DATA ASSETS and ANALYTICS in vertical industries
WebFOCUS is a Cloud Program to cater for:
- Federated Hybrid Cloud
- Big Data is Maturing beyond Hype!
These were somewhat the essentials that made this day the happiest in my life! A follow-up meeting has been scheduled where I shall present how we can Monitor Metrics together!!!