3D Metrics’ ‘software vision’ is better than human analysis and than anything that is on the market, due to the underlying algorithms.
The technology improves productivity through
- faster analytical process
- automated or semi-automated tagging of images
- intelligent image search and comparison.
It can be used in medical diagnostics, clinical trials, biomedical research and many other applications.
In terms of problem solving, the advantages of this new ‘process analytical technology’ are:
- Qualities and properties such as toxicity, porosity and granularity can be measured
- Automation and optimisation can be achieved, since the expertise of image analysts can be ‘embedded’ such that less skilled users can process ‘high throughput’
- A ‘bandwidth of confidence’ leads to establishing reference values and standards, in contrast to uncertainties and probabilities.